Monday, March 31, 2008

2008 March 18 Franklin Institute STAR WARS Exhibit

The Franklin Institute in Philly is all about learning for the kids.
But let me tell you, there was something for the big kids too---Star Wars movie memorobilia. All kinds of costumes, puppets, props from the films.
The best Star Wars relic was an authentic Land Speeder from the 1977 Original. How I wanted my own toy model Land Speeder as a kid. I recall hanging out the the Havre, MT K-mart--it was the days of Jimmy Carter and inflation---and the package had about 6 price tags on it (each one higher) and cost about $13, which was a lot of money in that time. I think I only had about $7, and could never talk my Dad into helping me with the rest. I never got my toy Land Speeder. At least I now get to touch the real thing. And then there was the princess......





No comments: