Sunday, September 2, 2007

August 2007 WESTERN IDAHO FAIR---A visit

Tuesday night I made a visit to the Western Idaho Fair. I hadn't been to a Fair in many years until I visited in 2006, and noticed that the photo exhibit included many good and not-so-good images. So I thought why not give it a try in 2007. My Avalanche Creek (Glacier National Park) was good enough for a third place ribbon in the "Water & Ice" category of the amateur division. Though my $8 in prize winnings wasn't enough to pay for the beer and pork sandwhich, at least it was an excuse to get to the Fair. During a visit to the horse type animal barn, I viewed the Llamma and Alpaca section---also heard that National Alpaca Day is coming up at the end of September. Sounds like a good excuse for a Gladiator Van trip.












No comments: